My Spring/Summer Holiday Travel Essentials

Sunday 9 April 2017


Are you Summer ready? I know, it's only April, but summer will be fast approaching and some of you may be going away over the Easter holidays, so if you are going on holiday, it might be best to start preparing sooner rather than later. 
I'm travelling to Portugal this Easter as well as this summer so I have been having to prepare for the trip recently, and I've come to realise that there are a few essential items that I have to have before I go on any holiday abroad (to a hot country of course), and I thought it might be a nice idea for me to quickly share these with you for you to consider for your next holiday, whenever that may be. I'm going to keep this short and sweet, so these are just a few of the must-have items I bring with me in my carry-on bag on any holiday in the sun:

1. Sunglasses - as soon as I step off that plane, the sunglasses are out of my bag an on my head. It's a must.

2. Flip-flops - I'm sure it's not just me, but after being a plane for a few hours and then suddenly arriving in a warmer climate, my feet really begin to feel hot, uncomfortable, and sometimes swollen. This is why I always have a slim pair of cheap flip-flops in my bag just to slip on before I leave the plane to give my feet a chance to breathe! 

3. Suncream - I burn easily and you never know how long you'll be standing outside in the boiling sun for between getting off the plane and travelling to your accommodation, so I never take any chances. No one wants to feel sore and ill before even STARTING their holiday, right?!

4. Moisturiser - when I travel, whether it's a long-haul flight or not, I tend not to wear any face makeup which means my skin can become a bit dry even before I have exposed it to the sun. Because of this, I like to carry a small moisturiser in my carry-on (that follows the liquid amount limits) which I can apply during the flight and after we've landed, and it's actually kind of cooling too which is a plus.

5. Hair bobbles - my family and I tend to travel to some pretty hot places for our holidays, so for someone like me who has quite long, thick hair, it can make you feel very distressed, so it's always handy to just carry a couple of hair bobbles/ties to throw your hair up once you've landed. I instantly feel more comfortable!

6. CC Cream - now like I said, I prefer not to wear face makeup when I'm travelling, but depending on what is happening once we land, I sometimes like to just quickly apply some CC cream for a light, natural, sun-kissed coverage. This is also what I wear throughout the holiday for my face makeup, the last thing I can imagine is wearing a heavy foundation in 40 degree heat! 

What are your travel essentials before a sunny holiday? Let me know, and tell me if any of these are on your must-have list too! Until next time. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah flip flops are always a must on holiday!! And sun cream, I hope you have a lovely holiday xx

    ReplyDelete